Phil practices in Dentons Canada LLP's Real Estate, Project Development and Banking and Finance Practice Groups, primarily on behalf of institutional stakeholders (including pension funds, banks and public sector entities) in commercial real estate and infrastructure projects. In addition, Phil has extensive experience in transactions structured under the Financial Administration Act and aboriginal stakeholder transactions (primarily “renewable energy” and “on reserve” infrastructure projects).
Phil has been recognized by:
- The Best Lawyers in Canada, as one of Canada’s leading lawyers in the areas of Banking and Finance Law (2010–2017), Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law (2013–2017) and Real Estate Law (2012–2017)
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, as one of Canada's leading lawyers in the areas of Property Development (2013-2016) and Banking & Financial Institutions (2016)
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers (2014-2016), as one of “Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyers”
- PLC Cross-border Corporate Real Estate Handbook 2010/11 (final year of publication), among Canada’s leading real estate lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in Canada, as "Lawyer of the Year" in Banking and Finance Law, Ottawa (2014 and 2017)