Recognized in:Competition / Antitrust Law
Law School:London School of Economics
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- London School of Economics, LL.M
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association, Antitrust and International Sections - Member
- C.D. Howe Institute Competition Policy Council - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association, International Law Section - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Competition / Antitrust Law
- Who’s Who Legal: Competition
- The Legal Media Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers/Economists
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers : Competition/Antitrust - Investment Canada; Competition/Antitrust
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Competition Law
- BTI Client Service All StarRecipient
- Devon Energy Canada in the disposition of some of its Canadian conventional assets to Canadian Natural Resources Limited for $3.125 billion.
- Canadian counsel to JPMorgan Chase & Co. in the sale of its physical commodities business to Mercuria Energy Group Limited for US$3.5 billion.
- Talisman Energy Inc. in its sale of a portion of its Montney natural gas business to Progress Energy Canada Ltd. for $1.5 billion.
- Co-counsel to Torstar Corporation in its $455 million sale of Harlequin Enterprises Limited to News Corp.
- Canadian counsel to Valeant Pharmaceuticals in connection with its merger proposal to Allergan.
2013 and prior
Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation in its $12.4 billion acquisition by Loblaw Companies Limited (the largest Canadian M&A matter of 2013).
Canadian counsel to American Tire Distributors in its acquisition of Hercules Tire & Rubber.
- Chartwell Seniors Housing REIT in its acquisition of a seniors housing portfolio in a 50/50 co-ownership with Health Care REIT.
- China Investment Corporation in its transaction with Penn West Energy Trust.
- ConocoPhillips in the sale of its interest in the Syncrude joint venture to Sinopec.
- Entertainment One in its acquisition of Alliance Films.
- Fording Coal in its acquisition by Teck Resources.
- Canadian counsel to General Cable in its acquisition of the Alcan Cable business from Rio Tinto.
- Government of New Brunswick in its proposed sale of substantially all of the assets of NB Power to Hydro-Québec.
- Insurance Bureau of Canada responding to a refusal to deal application by Used Car Dealers Association of Ontario.
- International Business Machines in its acquisition of Cognos.
- NOVA Chemicals in its acquisition by International Petroleum Investment Company.
- PetroChina Company in its proposed investment in Encana Corporation’s natural gas assets.
- SANYO Electric in its transaction with Panasonic.
- Total E&P on the formation of a strategic oil sands alliance between Total E&P Canada Ltd. and Suncor Energy Inc. encompassing the Fort Hills mining project, the Joslyn mining project and the Voyageur upgrader project, and on the later disposition of its interest in the Voyageur Upgrader project back to Suncor Energy Inc.
- URS Corp. in its bid for Flint Energy Services.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Bausch & Lomb, and the acquisition of Dermik business from Sanofi.
- Winsway Coking Coal Holdings and Marubeni Corp. in their acquisition of Grande Cache Coal Corp.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018