Recognized in:Competition / Antitrust Law
Law School:Queen's University
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Queen's University, B. Comm
- University of Windsor, LL.B
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law, Business Law and International Law Practice Sections - Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Competition Law Section - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Competition / Antitrust Law
- Expert Guides : Competition and Antitrust
- International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers and Economists : Competition
- Who’s Who Legal Canada
- Who’s Who Legal : Competition
- The Lexpert Guide to the Leading U.S./Canada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers in Canada: Competition Law
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Competition Law
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers: Competition/Antitrust - Investment Canada (Band 1)
- Simon & Schuster in connection with Competition Bureau’s investigation of the ebooks matter under Section 90.1 and related proceedings before the Competition Tribunal, and related class action proceedings.
- MEGA Brands in connection with its US$460 million acquisition by Mattel.
- Kingsett Capital and others in their acquisition of Primaris REIT.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, Providence Equity Partners, andMadison Dearborn Partners LLC in connection with their purchase (with Bell) of Q9 Networks for $1.1 billion.
- Goodman Global Inc in connection with its acquisition by Daikin Industries for $3.7 billion.
- Various defendants in the DRAM, LCD, CRT, SRAM, optical disk drive, smart cards class action proceedings and related government investigations.
- London Stock Exchange Group PLC on its proposed merger of equals with TSX Group Inc.
- Avis Budget Group on its proposed acquisition of Dollar Thrifty.
- Honeywell in its acquisition of EMS Technologies and the sale of its filters business to Rank.
- Quad/Graphics on the sale of its Canadian printing business to Transcontinental.
- Shareholders of Acxsys Corporation (Canadian financial institutions) in the proposed restructuring of Interac Association.
- Walter Energy on its acquisition of Western Coal.
- Sony Music in its acquisition of the Sony BMG music and EMI music publishing business.
- Royal Bank of Canada in the restructuring of Visa credit card association.
- Torstar in connection with its 20% investment in Bell Globemedia.
- Inco Limited in its proposed acquisition of Falconbridge Limited and eventual acquisition by CVRD.
- Procter & Gamble in its acquisition of Gillette.
- General Motors of Canada in its successful defence of a refusal to deal action and numerous transactional and other matters.
- Viacom in its sale of Famous Players theatre chain to Cineplex.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018