Recognized since 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
Banking and Finance Law
Commercial Finance Law
Patrick Guida is chair of the firm’s banking and finance practice. He has been providing legal services to institutional banking clients throughout New England for more than three decades. He previously served as in-house counsel for two major banks.
He is known for his precision in complex financing transactions, often representing institutional lenders and borrowers – including major banks – in deals involving historic redevelopment, economic development bonds, and private business acquisition and expansion. He has established a special expertise in financing of healthcare transactions. He is experienced in multi-million dollar syndicated and participated deals.
Patrick also represents major real estate developers in their project development, permitting, borrowing and leasing transactions, including major development projects within the Capital Center District in downtown Providence. Patrick brings to the table a wealth of alternative financing options that help divergent parties reach mutually beneficial accord and compromise during the negotiation process.
Patrick has represented several national and regional lending institutions in the structuring, documenting and implementation of numerous financing transactions including:
- Major commercial and industrial development projects.
- Federal and State historic tax credit redevelopments of several major, commercial and multifamily residential projects.
- State and state agency issue industrial development bond transactions.
- State and state agency issue health and educational institution bond transactions.
- 321 South Main Street, Suite 400
Providence, RI 02903
- Union College (Schenectady), graduated 1973
- Rhode Island, Admitted to practice in Rhode Island
- Massachusetts, Admitted to practice in Massachusetts
- Ohio, Admitted to practice in Ohio
- American Bar Foundation - Chair of Rhode Island Fellow
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers - Regent and Fellow
- Barrington Building Committee - Co-Chair Middle School Project
- National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws - Commissioner
- Rhode Island Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Banking and Finance Law, Providence (2019)
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Finance Law
- Patrick was honored in 2014 as a Distinguished Service Award winner by the National Association of State Boards of Education; it is the highest honor the NASBE can bestow on a state board of education member.
- Patrick was elected as a Fellow to the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers in 2011 and became the first member from Rhode Island. Election to the ACCFL is based on commercial finance law focus; preeminence in the field; and substantial contribu
- Economic Development Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Project Finance Law
- Public Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Securitization and Structured Finance Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.