Tricia Goodson counsels management clients on a variety of employment-related issues, including federal and state discrimination and harassment laws; wage and hour compliance; employment policies and handbooks; employment agreements; restructuring; severance programs and policies; confidentiality; assignment of inventions and non-competition agreements; trade secrets; workplace violence; and drug and alcohol screening. She also counsels clients on issues arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act.
In addition, Tricia is an experienced litigator who represents employers before governmental agencies and in state and federal courts on numerous employment-related matters, including charges and lawsuits under North Carolina’s Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act; common law employment claims; whistle-blower claims; wage and hour claims; and EEOC charges and lawsuits on employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims, including age, race, sex, disability, and national origin, as well as sexual harassment and equal pay claims. Tricia also represents clients in non-compete and confidentiality claims and other claims regarding employment agreements.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a "Labor and Employment Star" by Benchmark Litigation (2019)
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Labor & Employment Law (2017-2019)
- Recognized by her peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina's "Legal Elite" in Employment Law (2011, 2013-2014, 2016)
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in Employment Law: Management (2016-2020) and Litigation-Labor and Employment (2018-2020)
Professional & Community Activities
- Global Vice-Chair, Labour Law Practice Group, Geneva Group International
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Junior League of Raleigh
- Past member, Board of Directors, North Carolina Victim Assistance Network
- Past member, Board of Directors, Capital Area Preservation, Inc.