- Admitted to the Bar, 1984, Manitoba; 1992, Ontario.
- University of Saskatchewan.
- University of Alberta (B.A., 1979; LL.B., 1982).
- Mediation, Arbitration and Collaborative Law training.
- MBA Isabel Ross (MacLean) Hunt Award (2013).
- Lexpert Zenith Award: Celebrating Women Leaders in the Legal Profession (2013).
- University of Alberta Alumni Honour Award (2012).
- Canadian Bar Association SOGIC Ally Award (2010).
- Manitoba Bar Association and Pro Bono Public Interest Project Certificate of Recognition (2005).
- Manitoba Bar Association Equality Award (2005).
- Governor General’s Silver Jubilee Medal (2002).
- Taylor McCaffrey Management Committee (2010-present).
- Canadian Bar Association, Women Lawyers Forum, Past Chair and Member of Executive Committee (2006-2013).
- National Conference of Women Bar Associations (U.S.), Canadian representative on Board (2011-2013).
- American Bar Association, Commission on Women in the Profession, Canadian liaison (2009-2011).
- Manitoba Bar Association, Women Lawyers’ Forum, Past Chair and Member of Executive Committee (2006-present).
- Manitoba Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Past Chair and Member of Executive Committee (2005-2007).
- The Non-Defensive Voice Inc., Co-Chair (2010-present).
- The Non-Defensive Voice International, an Oregon corporation; co-Vice-President (2010-present).
- Collaborative Practice Manitoba, Past Chair and Member of Executive Committee (2004-2010).
- Mental Health Review Board, Panelist Chair (2004-2013).
- First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg, Shared Ministry Team (2011-present), Youth Advisor (1988-2010), Past President and Member of Board (2002-2006).
- Manitoba Lotteries Corporation, Chair of Legal and Marketing Committees (2000-2002).
- Women’s Employment Counseling Service Inc. and Immigrant Women’s Employment Counseling Service Inc., Board (1996-1999).
- Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba: Instructor of Clinical Family Law Course (2002-2010), Instructor of Advanced Family Law Course (2000-2002), Seminar leader for Advocacy Course (1994-2000).
- Law Society of Manitoba and Manitoba Bar Association: Presenter on various family law and human rights topics.
- Canadian Bar Association National Conference, Presenter on “Law Firm Management: Practicing Inclusive Leadership”; Moderator of “The Use of Gender Inclusive Language” panel (2013).
- Career Women Interaction, FCI-CWI, Women in Leadership conference; Moderator of half day program; Presenter on topic of “Creating Change” (April, 2013).
- Canadian Bar Association.
- Manitoba Bar Association.
- Collaborative Practice Manitoba.
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals.
- The Associates Asper School of Business.
- Legal Education Action Fund.