Paige is a member of the bankruptcy and restructuring practice group in the Cincinnati office and is board certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification. She has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America® and has been named an Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star each year since 2005.
Paige is licensed in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio and regularly practices in federal bankruptcy and district courts across the country. She has extensive experience in all aspects of business restructurings and commercial transactions. Paige represents business debtors and creditors, including official and ad hoc creditors’ committees, in complex chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, buyers and sellers in distressed asset acquisitions, and parties involved in all types of business-to-business transactions and commercial litigation. Paige regularly represents clients holding interests in all aspects of distressed financial situations, making her uniquely positioned to provide creative and effective solutions for any business facing a similar circumstance.
Examples of matters Paige has handled include representing:
• Chapter 11 business debtors (retail, manufacturing, commercial real estate, construction, intellectual property, health care)
• Official committees of unsecured creditors
• Businesses purchasing assets out of bankruptcy estates
• Business-to-business transactions involving sales and the extension of credit
• Creditors involved in contested cash collateral disputes or providing debtor in possession financing in Chapter 11 cases
• Creditors objecting to confirmation of proposed plans of reorganization (see In re Marble Cliff Crossing Apartments, LLC, 486 B.R. 887 (February 11, 2013))
• Post-confirmation trustees pursuing complex theories of liability, including but not limited to breach of fiduciary duty and related claims
• Secured creditors with collateral at risk in all distressed financial situations or being sold under provisions of the Bankruptcy Code
• Plaintiffs and defendants in D&O lawsuits, lender liability lawsuits, preference actions, fraudulent transfer actions, claim objections and all other types of contested bankruptcy matters
CHARITABLE, CIVIC AND PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION INVOLVEMENT
Throughout her career, Paige has been dedicated to serving her profession and community. She was recently appointed to the Board of Directors of the American Board of Certification of Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Attorneys. Paige is a founding member and the current president of the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Network of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) and is a board member of the Tri-State Association of Corporate Renewal (TACR).
Paige has previously served as president of the John W. Peck Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, as national parliamentarian for the Federal Bar Association, as president of the Board of Governors of the Salmon P. Chase College of Law Alumni Association, and on the Executive Board and as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Cincinnati Bar Association. She is a 2005 graduate of Leadership Northern Kentucky, a 2011 graduate of WE Lead, a program of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, and, in 2011, she was recognized as a Cincinnati Business Courier’s Forty Under 40 award recipient.
In 2010, Paige was elected to the Grand Council of Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity, an international women's fraternal organization, and serves in the position of vice president. She has been actively involved with Madcap Puppets, Inc., a national puppet theater, and The Yearlings, Inc., a Northern Kentucky women’s charitable organization that bestowed her with Honorary Life Membership in 2009. Recently, Paige helped found a competitive swim and dive program in an urban suburb of Cincinnati.
Paige received her undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky and her J.D. from the Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, magna cum laude. In 2008,she received the Salmon P. Chase College of Law Alumni Association Outstanding Recent Graduate Award.