Neill McBryde brings to his clients vast tax planning, estate planning, and estate administration experience. He leads the firm’s closely held business, tax planning, estate planning, wealth management, and trusts and estates groups.
His primary areas of emphasis in his practice include providing:
- Tax and business planning advice for closely-held businesses
- Tax, estate planning, and insurance planning for owners of closely-held businesses and high net worth individuals
- Advice and counsel in connection with mergers and acquisitions involving stock, corporate assets, real estate and other assets
- Specialized services in the wealth transfer, estate planning and estate administration areas
- Charitable planning for individuals and non-profit representation
- Tax controversies
Mr. McBryde has lectured nationally and written extensively in areas relating to closely held businesses, tax planning, tax controversies, insurance planning, and estate planning and administration.
- Named as Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year in Charlotte by Best Lawyers in America, 2011.
- Selected as a North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Town & Country magazine, August 1998, Best 45 Estate Planning Lawyers in the U.S.
- Who's Who in American Law, World
- Past President and Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate
- Past President and Trustee, Advisory Board, Southern Federal Tax Institute
- Trustee, J. Nelson Young Tax Institute
- Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel
- Member, The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law