Recognized since 2022
New York, New York
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
Michelle Clerkin represents businesses, consumers, and others in complex antitrust litigation. She actively works to protect the rights of those harmed by violations of the federal and state antitrust laws, including price-fixing and monopolization.
Currently, Michelle is a member of litigation teams representing clients in diverse antitrust class actions in federal courts around the country, spanning the pharmaceutical, financial and consumer product industries. She is a member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the class action In re Juul Labs, Inc. Antitrust Litigation, in the Northern District of California, for direct purchaser plaintiffs who were allegedly impacted by anticompetitive conduct by JUUL and global cigarette manufacturer Altria. She also represents clients as a member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re Chicago Board Options Exchange Volatility Index Manipulation Antitrust Litigation, pending in the Northern District of Illinois.
Michelle frequently moderates and speaks on panels concerning antitrust law including the following panels sponsored by the Antitrust Law Section of the New York State Bar Association:
- Antitrust Plus Factors (February 27, 2019)
- Becoming an Antitrust Attorney (February 20, 2019)
- Why Antitrust? (June 20, 2018)
- Antitrust in High-Speed: Colluding Through Algorithms and Other Technologies (January 8, 2018)
- Becoming an Antitrust Lawyer (March 10, 2016)
Prior to joining Motley Rice, Michelle represented clients in complex antitrust, consumer protection, securities and commercial litigation matters, including a number of class actions, at other New York litigation firms.
While completing her legal studies, Michelle interned for the Federal Trade Commission’s Northeast Regional Office and the U.S. Court of International Trade.
Contact & Links
- 777 Third Avenue, 27th Floor
New York, NY 10017
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., graduated 2010
- University of Michigan, B.A., graduated 2006
- New Jersey, 2010
- New York, 2011
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law - Member
- New York State Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section - Executive Committee Member
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the District of New Jersey
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2022 for work in:
- Antitrust Law
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Super Lawyers®2015–2020 New York Metro Rising Stars list Antitrust
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.