Recognized since 2010
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Michael A. Schwartz is a partner and co-chair of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. He is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation, White Collar and Corporate Investigations, and Media and Communications Practice Groups of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. Mr. Schwartz serves on the firm's Professional Responsibility Committee.
Mr. Schwartz represents businesses and individuals facing investigation by federal and state law enforcement authorities, government regulatory agencies, and congressional committees. For example, he has:
- conducted internal investigations for major pharmaceutical companies regarding the conduct of clinical trials, sales and marketing practices, pricing and other issues
- represented companies in criminal antitrust investigations, involving allegations of price-fixing and government procurement fraud
- represented colleges/universities on Clery Act (crime reporting) compliance issues
- conducted internal investigations for companies regarding compliance with election, lobbying, and pay to play laws
- represented individuals seeking amnesty through voluntary disclosures to the IRS of previously unreported foreign bank accounts and income
- represented companies and individuals who were victims of crimes, including victims of ponzi schemes, embezzlements, and other frauds
- represented companies and individuals under investigation for alleged corruption, mail/wire fraud, honest services fraud, disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) fraud, insurance fraud, and criminal tax fraud.
Contact & Links
- 3000 Two Logan Square
18th and Arch Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2799
- Yale University , graduated 1990
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency - Commissioner
- Temple Law School - Adjunct Instructor
- Mayor''s Task Force on Ethics and Campaign Finance Reform - Chair
- Committee of Seventy - Member, Board of Directors
- United States District Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- International Association of Financial Crime Investigators, 2001 Prosecutor of the Year
- Federal Bar Association, 2001 Younger Federal Lawyer Award
- Executive Office of United States Attorneys, 2002 Director’s Award
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.