Michael A. Schwartz is a partner and co-chair of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. He is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation, White Collar and Corporate Investigations, and Media and Communications Practice Groups of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. Mr. Schwartz serves on the firm's Professional Responsibility Committee.
Mr. Schwartz represents businesses and individuals facing investigation by federal and state law enforcement authorities, government regulatory agencies, and congressional committees. For example, he has:
- conducted internal investigations for major pharmaceutical companies regarding the conduct of clinical trials, sales and marketing practices, pricing and other issues
- represented companies in criminal antitrust investigations, involving allegations of price-fixing and government procurement fraud
- represented colleges/universities on Clery Act (crime reporting) compliance issues
- conducted internal investigations for companies regarding compliance with election, lobbying, and pay to play laws
- represented individuals seeking amnesty through voluntary disclosures to the IRS of previously unreported foreign bank accounts and income
- represented companies and individuals who were victims of crimes, including victims of ponzi schemes, embezzlements, and other frauds
- represented companies and individuals under investigation for alleged corruption, mail/wire fraud, honest services fraud, disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) fraud, insurance fraud, and criminal tax fraud.