Mary Margaret Fox graduated from the Faculty of Law, University of Windsor, in 1979, articled at the Toronto firm of Borden & Elliott ("B&E"), now BLG, and, after her Call to the Bar in 1981, joined B&E's litigation department. Her early practice involved general insurance defence work.
She became a partner of B&E in 1987. Over the next 20 years her insurance practice moved from primarily defence work to primarily coverage work, with an emphasis on directors' & officers' (D&O) and errors and omissions (E&O) liability policies.
Mary Margaret left BLG (B&E's successor firm) to join Nicholl Paskell-Mede ("NPM"), an insurance "boutique" firm, in January, 2008, by which time her practice was almost exclusively a coverage practice. This has continued to date, through NPM's merger with Clyde & Co LLP in December, 2011 to form Clyde & Co Canada LLP.
In May, 2014, Mary Margaret was awarded the Ontario Bar Association Award for Excellence in Insurance Law.
Mary Margaret has been and continues to be listed and recommended in the following directories:
- 1997 – 2016 – Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, for Commercial Insurance Litigation, Directors’ and Officers’ Liability and Professional Liability.
- 2003 - 2016 – The International Who’s Who of Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers
- 2005 - 2014 – Lexpert American Lawyer Guide to the leading 500 Lawyers in Canada for Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- 2006 - 2018 – The Best Lawyers in Canada for Directors’ and Officers’ Liability and Insurance Law
- 2017 – Chambers and Partners as a leader in the field of Insurance: Dispute Resolution (Nationwide Canada)
- Recognized Martindale-Hubbel in the fields of Directors' and Officers' Liability, Products Liability, Insurance Coverage and Civil Litigation