Mary Voce concentrates her practice on corporate and international tax. She handles both in-bound and out-bound corporate and international tax planning for U.S. and foreign corporations, U.S. federal taxation of partnerships, limited liability companies, funds and joint ventures. She also handles U.S. federal tax aspects of cross-border corporate mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations, taxation of real estate investments, securities offerings by U.S. and foreign corporations, international projects, equipment leasing and financing.
- New York University, graduated 1975
- University of Virginia, graduated 1969
- American Bar Association - Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York - Member
- International Tax Institute, Inc. - Member, Board of Directors
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- The Tax Club - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Tax Law
- AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
- Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisors in association with International Tax Review, "Leading Practitioner" (selected by in-house counsel and peers), December 2004
- The Legal 500 United States, International Tax, 2007, 2009
- AVENUE magazine, "Legal Elite," Real Estate, April 2011
- Euromoney Institutional Investor's Expert Guides, "Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law," 2012
- Super Lawyers magazine, New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2013 "Top 50 Female Attorneys in the New York Metropolitan Area," 2009
Areas of Expertise:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity Funds
- Tax Planning
381 Huaihai Zhong Road
86 21 6391 6633
Potsdamer Platz 1
49 30 700 171 100
One Azrieli Center, Round Tower, 30th floor
132 Menachem Begin
Tel Aviv 67021
972 3 636 6000
Meiji Yasuda Seimei Building 14F
81 3 4510 2200
Paseo de la Reforma No. 265 PH1
México, D.F. 06500
52 55 5029 0000
P.O. Box 75306
Amsterdam 1070 AH
31 20 301 7300
Stock Exchange Building
ul. Książęca 4
48 22 690 6100
Seoul Finance Center, 23F
84 Taepyeongno 1-ga
Seoul, Jung-gu 100-768
82 (0) 2 369 1000
The Shard, Level 8
32 London Bridge Street
London SE1 9SG
44 203 349 8700
2375 East Camelback Road, Suite 700
Phoenix, AZ 85016
1900 University Avenue, Fifth Floor
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
3161 Michelson Drive, Suite 1000
Irvine, CA 92612-4410
1840 Century Park East, Suite 1900
Los Angeles, CA 90067
1201 K Street, Suite 1100
Sacramento, CA 95814
Four Embarcadero Center, Suite 3000
San Francisco, CA 94111-5983
The Tabor Center, Suite 2400
1200 Seventeenth Street
Denver, CO 80202
The Nemours Building, Suite 1200
1007 North Orange Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
2101 L Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20037
5100 Town Center Circle, Suite 400
Boca Raton, FL 33486
401 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 2000
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
333 Southeast Second Avenue, Suite 4400
Miami, FL 33131
450 South Orange Avenue, Suite 650
Orlando, FL 32801
101 East College Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32301
101 East Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 1900
Tampa, FL 33602
777 South Flagler Drive, Suite 300 East
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Terminus 200, Suite 2500
3333 Piedmont Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
One International Place, Suite 2000
Boston, MA 02110
3773 Howard Hughes Parkway, Suite 400 North
Las Vegas, NV 89169
500 Campus Drive, Suite 400
Florham Park, NJ 07932-0677
54 State Street, Sixth Floor
Albany, NY 12207
445 Hamilton Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601
Two Commerce Square, Suite 2700
2001 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
300 West Sixth Street, Suite 2050
Austin, TX 78701
2200 Ross Avenue, Suite 5200
Dallas, TX 75201
1000 Louisiana Street, Suite 1700
Houston, TX 77002
1750 Tysons Boulevard, Suite 1000
McLean, VA 22102
Lawyer Case History
Areas of Concentration
- Tax planning for international transactions and investments
- Corporate mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and joint ventures
- Aircraft finance and leasing
- Project finance
- Transfer pricing
- Foreign real property investments by REITs
- Capital markets offerings
- Structured numerous investments by foreign investors in U.S. real property, including transactions treaty and non-treaty jurisdictions, indebtedness qualifying for the portfolio interest exemption and participating debt.
- Provided U.S. tax advice to a number of U.S. companies doing business in China, including addressing Subpart F, inversion and transfer pricing issues.
- Provided U.S. tax advice on the acquisition, ownership and financing of life settlement portfolios.
- Developed tax efficient structure for development and ownership of biofuels project in Latin America.
- Coordinated the cross-border restructuring of multiple privately owned European corporate groups.
- Provided tax advice relating to clients’ claims in Lehman bankruptcy.
- Advised on the availability of bad debt and worthless security losses resulting from the failure of foreign subsidiaries of U.S. corporations.
- Provided tax advice on the business combination of TTM Technologies, Inc., North America's largest printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturer, with Meadville Holdings Limited's PCB business, creating one of the largest PCB manufacturers in the world.
- Advised on a number of acquisitions by Canadian companies of U.S. assets and entities and vice versa.
- Provided tax advice in the acquisition by Perry Ellis International, Inc. of substantially all of the domestic operating assets of Tropical Sportswear Int'l Corporation (Nasdaq:TSIC) and the outstanding capital stock of Tropical Sportswear's U.K. subsidiary for an aggregate of $88.5 million in cash.
- Assisted in structuring the foreclosure by a syndicate of major U.S. insurance companies of the approximately $340 million Attala generating facility in Attala, Mississippi.
- Provided tax advice to U.S. creditors in connection with the bankruptcy of Aerovías Nacionales de Colombia S.A.Avianca ("Avianca S.A."), the Colombian airline.
- Assisted Citco Group in structuring a joint venture between Hamilton Court, a firm that invests in private equity funds on behalf of institutions, and Richcourt Holding, Inc., a BVI company that invests in private equity on behalf of individuals and pension funds.
- Has provided international tax advice in connection with the acquisition by U.S. REITs of real property in Canada, Mexico and the U.K.
- Has provided tax advice to developers of electrical power facilities in Latin America to structure holdings that will facilitate the admission of new investors and optimize the tax consequences to the parties.