Mark's practice focuses on corporate and securities law. He has experience with a wide range of corporate finance and technology licensing transactions, including initial and follow-on public offerings, private debt and equity placements, mergers and acquisitions, and related securities law issues. He has also advised both public and private companies on a wide range of general corporate compliance issues, including compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. In addition, Mark has experience negotiating software and other proprietary technology licensing transactions on behalf of technology and life sciences companies, and provides advice in connection with executive compensation matters.
- Hastings College of Law, graduated 1993
- Stanford University , graduated 1988
- Washington, Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) - Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Secretary
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Named a Super Lawyer by "Washington Law & Politics" magazine
- Named as a Seattle Best Lawyers by "Seattle Metropolitan" magazine
- Recognized as one of the leading lawyers in the Puget Sound region by Seattle Business (Corporate and Securities/Capital Markets)
- Washington's Top 10 Securities Lawyers by "Washington CEO" magazine
- United States Court of Appeals
- United States District Court
- Corporate Compliance
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Venture Capital
Summit Law Group PLLC
315 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98104-2682
2 Office Locations
in 1 Country
Lawyer Case History
Counsel to Nextel Partners in connection with its initial public offering, follow-on public offering, and numerous Rule 144A convertible debt and high-yield debt financings, Securities Exchange Act of 1934 compliance matters, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and Nasdaq regulations.
Representation of WRQ, Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Francisco Partners, Golden Gate Capital, and Thoma Cressey Equity Partners, various acquisitions, and software licensing transactions.
Counsel to Bsquare Corporation in connection with its initial public offering, Securities Exchange Act of 1934 compliance matters, compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and Nasdaq regulations, various acquisitions, and software licensing transactions.
Representation of Nura, Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Omeros Corporation.
Counsel to Helix BioMedix in connection with Securities Exchange Act of 1934 compliance matters, compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, debt and equity financings, debt and warrant tender offer transaction, and licensing transactions.
Twisted Pair Solutions, Inc.
Counsel to Twisted Pair Solutions, Inc. in connection with its Series A and B Preferred Stock financings and software licensing transactions.
Representation of PlayNetwork, Inc. in connection with its Series BB Preferred Stock financings and acquisitions of Crows Nest Entertainment, Inc. and Channel M, Inc.