- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B
- Queen’s University, B. Comm.
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- The Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Securities Law
- Who’s Who Legal : Capital Markets
- The Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada : Corporate Finance & Securities
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Corporate Commercial Law; Corporate Finance & Securities
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada : Corporate Commercial Law
Areas of Expertise:
- Advising Canadian Securities Transition Office on proposed derivatives regulations.
- Advising a global investment bank on the launch of a Canadian altrnative trading system.
- Advising the controlling shareholderin the Mitel IPO.
- Advising the underwriters in the Genworth Financial Canada IPO.
- Advising the underwriters in the Capital Power IPO.
- Advising the Special Committee in the Fairfax acquisition of the Northbridge minority.
- Macquarie in its acquisition of Blackmont Capital.
- Kensington Capital on its IPO of a global private equity fund of funds.
- Financial adviser to AT&T Wireless on the sale of its minority interest in Rogers Wireless.
- Financial adviser to Manulife Financial on its acquisition of John Hancock.
- Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. on its IPO and four subsequent secondary offerings, resulting in the distribution of securities with a total value exceeding $3.8 billion.
- Connors Bros. Income Fund's underwriting syndicate in the public financing of the Fund's business combination with Bumble Bee/Clover Leaf Seafoods and a follow-on public offering.
- Northbridge Financial Corporation's underwriting syndicate in its IPO and subsequent secondary offering.
- The Toronto Stock Exchange in its acquisition by means of a corporate reorganization of the Canadian Venture Exchange Inc.
- Vandenborre Technologies N.V. on its merger with Stuart Energy Systems Corporation.
- 360networks inc.'s underwriting syndicate on its cross-border IPO and TSX listing.
- Clarica Life Insurance Company's financial advisers on its demutualization and related IPO/TSX listing.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.'s Canadian activities with its restructuring and IPO.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018