Marc Friedman, senior counsel in Dentons’ Intellectual Property and Technology, and Litigation and Dispute Resolution practices, is an acclaimed trial and appellate lawyer with more than 35 years of experience representing technology and other companies in intellectual property,
In addition, Marc advises on:
- Designing and executing short- and long-term strategies for the commercialization of intellectual property
- Securing investment funding for emerging technology clients
- Intellectual property licensing and due diligence
- IT licensing and M & A transactions
- Forming US subsidiaries and affiliates for foreign companies
- Negotiating and resolving intellectual property and IT disputes
- Outsourcing agreements
A well-known authority on the subject matter of intellectual property, Marc has published more than 100 articles and is the author of A Vendor's Guide to Computer Contracting, a widely read treatise. He frequently lectures throughout North America, South America, Europe and Australia, and at several US law schools. Marc is a former president of the International Technology Law Association.
Marc is listed in The Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. He was also named by New York Super Lawyers-Metro Edition and New Jersey Super Lawyers as being among the top 5 percent of lawyers in the state. Marc is also included in the International Who’s Who of Internet, e-Commerce & Data Protection Lawyers, and is named an "IP Star" by Managing IP's Guide. He is on the panel of arbitrators for the American Arbitration Association.
Marc has been named a member of the blue-ribbon Local Patent Litigation Rule Committee of the US District Court for New Jersey, where he participated in drafting the rules for the litigation of patent disputes and the rules for the judicial assignment of patent cases.