Recognized in:Class Action LitigationCorporate and Commercial Litigation...
Law School:Oxford University
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Oxford University, BA
- University of Toronto, LL.B
- Witwatersrand University, BA
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- International Commission of Jurists - Member
- Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association - Member
- Pro Bono Law Ontario - Member
- The Advocates’ Society - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Class Action Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Franchise Law
- Who’s Who Legal : Commercial Litigation
- Expert Guides: The Legal Media Group Guides to the World’s Leading Lawyers : Litigation and Product Liability
- Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Litigation Lawyers
- The Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers in Canada : Class Actions, Corporate Commercial, Securities
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Repeatedly Recommended: Franchising Law – Franchisor; Most Frequently Recommended: Class Actions, Litigation – Corporate Commercial, Litigation – Directors' & Officers' Liability, Litigation – Securities
- Benchmark Litigation Canada : Class Action; General Commercial; Securities
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the 500 Lawyers in Canada : Class Actions; Corporate Commercial Litigation
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business : Ontario Dispute Resolution
- BP plc. Defending a proposed securities class action commenced in Ontario arising from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon accident and subsequent Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Sino-Forest Corporation. Counsel to the Independent Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Suncor Energy Inc. Counsel to the Company in a successful summary judgment motion to dismiss an intended class proceeding brought by Sunoco dealers claiming $200 million.
- KPMG LLP. Counsel to KPMG in a proposed class proceeding brought on behalf of the shareholders of Redline Communications
- Magna International Inc. Representing Magna in regulatory and shareholder challenges to its dual class share recapitalization.
- Vale. Defending the company in a complex class action trial and successful appeal. The class members are residential property owners in an Ontario city, who seek compensation for alleged property damage. Litigated pre-certification motions, certification and appeals.
- American International Group, Inc. (AIG) and AIG Financial Products Corp.A proposed class proceeding brought on behalf of AIG shareholders under Part XXIII.1 of the Securities Act alleging misrepresentations in the financial statements and other public disclosures of AIG.
- Beaverbrook Art Gallery. Counsel to the Gallery in a successful arbitration and appeal relating to trust law and ownership of art works valued in excess of $100 million.
- Lawrence v. Atlas Cold Storage Holdings Inc. et al. Counsel to Atlas in a proposed class proceeding relating to alleged misrepresentations contained in the financial statements of Atlas Cold Storage Income Trust.
- Re Inco Limited. Counsel to Inco in OSC shareholder rights plan application.
- Re Falconbridge Limited. Counsel to Inco in OSC shareholder rights plan application.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018