Larry Kane's broad-ranging experience in environmental law spans more than 35 years. His practice focuses on:
- Environmental permitting, particularly under the Clean Air Act (PSD and Title V permits) and the Clean Water Act (NPDES and 404 permits), especially in the electric utility, automotive, and pharmaceutical industries;
- Defense of enforcement actions under all major environmental laws;
- Compliance counseling with business and public sector clients on all major environmental laws;
- Remediation projects and brownfields redevelopment;
- Corporate transactions, including property asset purchases, mergers and other acquisitions, with respect to environmental liabilities;
- Environmental litigation on permitting and toxic tort issues, having appeared before the Indiana Supreme Court and Court of Appeals.
Larry is the former Director of the Office of Legal Counsel for the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
He has chaired the Environmental Law sections for both the Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Associations.
He received degrees from Purdue University (B.S.E.E. with highest distinction, 1967; M.S.E.E., 1968) and Indiana University School of Law (J.D. 1975).