Joe’s practice concentrates on all stages of business representation: formation, financing and capital-raising, day-to-day advising, contract formation and review, business planning, sales, acquisitions and mergers. He serves as outside general counsel to a variety of businesses and not-for-profit institutions in a wide range of industries. He has particular concentrations in the communications and broadcast industries, as well as family-owned businesses.
Joe was the President and Managing Director of the firm for 9 years and served on the firm’s Management Committee from 2001 to 2015. As the officer responsible for running the firm, he has encountered many of the same issues faced by his clients in their businesses. His business experience, gained through fourteen years of firm management, coupled with his legal expertise, enables him to provide the practical advice clients value.
Joe has been with the firm since 1988.
- Lead counsel in forming and negotiating the venture capital and senior debt financing of a radio station ownership group and the subsequent acquisition and eventual sale of over 40 radio stations.
- Lead counsel in the representation of shareholders in a $40 million leveraged buyout.
- Serves as general outside counsel to companies and not-for-profit institutions in a variety of industries.
- Primary counsel to State of New Hampshire’s community economic development authority.
- Lead counsel in acquisition of point-of-purchase media advertising business with national presence.
- Counseled numerous family owned businesses through successful ownership transitions in a variety of industries.