A practising lawyer since 1984, Jordi Calvo boasts extensive experience dealing with all manner of courts and tribunals, chiefly handling civil and commercial cases and arbitration proceedings. He specialises in the law of obligations and contract law, company law, commercial distribution agreements, civil liability, inheritance, insurance law and medical liability. Jordi has been involved in hugely important cases before both the courts and arbitration panels, including lawsuits on construction contracts, liability for building defects, disputes concerning breach of company purchase agreements and guarantees to cover hidden liabilities and contingencies, as well as shareholder disputes. He has also taken part in legal proceedings concerned with financial derivatives.
Spanish, Catalan and English.
- Barcelona Bar Association.
- Law Degree, Universitat Abad Oliba and Universitat de Barcelona, 1984.
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree in Law, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree in Law, Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.
- Recommended by Best Lawyers International, since 2014 edition, in the area of Litigation.
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2008 and 2010 edition, in the area of Dispute Resolution.