Recognized since 2006
Health Care Law
Litigation - Antitrust
Jerome W. Hoffman is a partner practicing in the area of commercial litigation, with special emphasis on antitrust, competition and consumer fraud issues; government investigations in those areas; and in False Claim Act, Medicaid and Medicare fraud investigations, and in healthcare regulatory matters.
Mr. Hoffman has represented hospitals in numerous antitrust, certificate of need and regulatory matters, including defending claims of monopolization, tying, boycotts and price fixing. He has counseled hospitals on merger issues and represented hospitals on merger issues before the Federal Trade Commission and the Florida Attorney General’s Office. He has also represented physician groups in connection with merger investigations and monopolization investigations by the Federal Trade Commission and the Florida Attorney General’s Office; and counseled physician groups on antitrust issues arising from proposed mergers. He has also represented a wide variety of non-healthcare clients in antitrust, False Claims Act, and consumer fraud actions by state and federal law enforcement agencies.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Hoffman served as general counsel for the Agency for Health Care Administration supervising 40 attorneys responsible for prosecuting Medicaid overpayments; regulating hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and home health agencies; prosecuting disciplinary cases before the Board of Medicine and other healthcare professional licensing boards; and providing general legal services to the Agency.
Mr. Hoffman also served as chief of the Antitrust Section of the Florida Attorney General’s Office for eight years. As chief, he was lead counsel for the State of Florida in over a dozen major antitrust cases in both state and federal court in a wide variety of industries involving bid-rigging, price fixing, monopolization and other restraints of trade, as well as merger reviews.
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Health Care Law, Jacksonville (2017)
- Health Care Law, Tallahassee (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Antitrust Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Advertising Law
- Health Care Law
- C. Ray Marvin Award -- National Association of Attorneys General as Top Assistant Attorney General in the United States, 1994
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, November 2009
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2006-2013
- Florida Legal Elite Hall of Fame, Florida Trend magazine, 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007-2013
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Antitrust, 2007-2013
Other Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.