- University of Florida , Juris Doctor, graduated 2007
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Arts, graduated 2002
- Tennessee, 2008
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum - Troubadour Advisory Committee Member
- Nashville Bar Association - Assistant Treasurer
- Nashville Bar Association - Entertainment, Sports & Media Law Committee - Co-Chair
- Tennessee Bar Association - Entertainment and Sports Law Section - Executive Council Member
- W.O. Smith Music School - Board Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Entertainment Law - Music
Tell us a little bit about your practice and what makes it unique.
- I am well-versed in both entertainment litigation and transactional matters, which puts me in a unique and valuable position to assist my entertainment industry clients. Because of my litigation background, I can help clients minimize the risk of future disputes during contract negotiations.
What is most challenging about your area(s) of expertise?
- Copyright law has not yet caught up fully with the way people consume music.
Were there any particular inspirations (people or events) that spurred your interest in your practice area(s)?
- I grew up as a percussionist and learned to play piano in college, so I was immersed in music.
What other interests do you have?
- Running and traveling.
Lawyer Practice Areas
10 Office Locations
in 1 Country