Jeffrey G. Gilmore
Recognized in:Construction LawLitigation - Construction
Law School:William & Mary School of Law
Location:750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 750Washington, DC 20001
- William & Mary School of Law, JD, graduated 1982
- Miami University, BA, graduated 1979
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland, Maryland State Bar
- Virginia, Virginia State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- American Public Transportation Association (APTA) - Member
- Design-Build Institute of America - Member and General Counsel to Mid-Atlantic Region Board of Directors
- District of Columbia Bar Association - Member
- Fairfax County Bar Association - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association - Member
- Virginia State Bar - Member
- Washington Building Congress - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Virginia Business Magazine, Recognized as one of Virginia's "Legal Elite" for Construction
- The Legal 500 2009, Recommended in the Southeast for Construction
- The Legal 500 2010, Leading Lawyer for Construction
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2007-2008, 2010-11, Listed in Washington, D.C. for Construction Litigation, Construction/Surety, and Government Contracts
- Who's Who Legal, Listed for Construction, 2014
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2016, Listed in Virginia for Construction Litigation: Business, Construction/Surety, and Government Contracts
- The Legal 500 2011-2016, Recommended for Real Estate & Construction - Construction
- Chambers USA 2008-2016, Ranked in Virginia for Construction
- Construction Accounting - A Guide for Attorneys and Other Professionals, Co-Author, Chapter 7, "Contract Types and Accounting Issues Related to Changes in Price and Cost Reimbursement," American Bar Association, 2010
- Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law, Chapter Author, "Virginia Law," 2nd Edition, 2005-10
- The Economic Stimulus Plan and the Construction Industry, Author, "Stimulating Optimism for High-Speed Rail Development," March 2009
- Virginia Construction Law Deskbook, Chapter Author, "Contract Delivery Systems," 2008
- Design-Build Contracting Handbook, Chapter Author, "Design-Build Risks in the Transportation Arena," 2nd Edition, Aspen Law & Business, 2001
- Construction Briefings, Author, "The New AGC/ASA/ASC Standard Form Construction Subcontract," Federal Publications, Inc.
- Construction Briefings, Author, "Contractor Bankruptcy -- The Surety's Perspective," Federal Publications, Inc., March, 1992
- Construction Briefings, Co-Author, "Dealing With International Contracting Risks," Federal Publications, Inc., April 1986
- New England Builder, Co-Author, "Demolition, Renovation and Asbestos Dust," September, 1986
- Representation as litigation counsel for major metropolitan utility owner in defense of claims approaching $100 million by EPC contractor for power facility.
- Representation of developer/owner of mixed-use complex (residential, retail, entertainment) in connection with termination of prime contractor and resolution of subcontractor disputes.
- Representation of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) in connection with defense of $30 million in claims asserted by design builder arising out of extension of WMATA's Blue Line.
- Representation as litigation counsel for foreign based owner in relation to EPC contractor claims for nearly $200 million in damages for delays in constructing power generation facility.
- Representation as lead litigation counsel in litigating wrongful termination claims against owner.
- Representation of passenger rail system owner in defense of claims arising out of design-build contract for construction of power conversion facility.
- Representation of public owner in defense of claims of general contractor on project involving construction of municipal sanitary and storm sewer system.
- Representation of owner/developer of hydroelectric project against claims of contractor and turbine manufacturer.
- Representation of masonry and electrical contractors in claims on federal prison project.
- Representation of contractor in pursuit of claims arising out of construction of underground strategic petroleum reserve facility in southeast Texas.
- Representation of Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) with respect to a variety of capital improvement initiatives, including construction phase disputes related to the underground Automated People Mover (APM) train system.
- Representation of EPC contractor in connection with claims on a bio-fuel facility.
601 West Fifth Street, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90071
1900 Sixteenth Street, Suite 1700
Denver, CO 80202
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
1875 NW Corporate Boulevard, Suite 275
Boca Raton, FL 33431
350 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
50 North Laura Street, Suite 3100
Jacksonville, FL 32202
9128 Strada Place, Suite 10205
Naples, FL 34108
420 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1200
Orlando, FL 32801
251 Royal Palm Way, Suite 215
Palm Beach, FL 33480
106 East College Avenue, 12th Floor
Tallahassee, FL 32301
401 East Jackson Street, Suite 1700
Tampa, FL 33602
West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
71 South Wacker Drive, 46th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
Pan-American Life Center, Suite 2200
601 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
1160 Town Center Drive, Suite 330
Las Vegas, NV 89144
666 Fifth Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10103
700 Lavaca Street, Suite 1400
Austin, TX 78701
2001 Ross Avenue, Suite 3600
Dallas, TX 75201
1300 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 2500
Houston, TX 77056
Weston Centre, Suite 2750
112 East Pecan Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
170 South Main Street, Suite 950
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
One South Pinckney Street, Suite 700
Madison, WI 53703