Janet Monson is a managing partner in the firm of Aafedt, Forde, Gray, Monson & Hager, P.A. She received her J.D. degree cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1981. She received her Bachelor’s degree with highest honors from Bethel College in 1975.
Ms. Monson joined a predecessor of the Aafedt, Forde, Gray, Monson & Hager law firm in 1980, practiced as an associate attorney through 1985, and has been a shareholder with the firm since 1986. She has almost thirty-five years of experience exclusively representing the interests of employers and insurers in Minnesota workers' compensation cases.
- Chapter 3 of the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Desk Book, "Time-Barred Claims," in both the original 1993 edition and subsequent revisions.
- She has also published "A Summary Guide to Minnesota Workers’ Compensation", available through the Minnesota State Bar Association to attorneys, claims professionals and human resource personnel.
- 2017 Workers’ Compensation Law - Employers “Lawyer of the Year” in Minneapolis, Best Lawyers (2017)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Best Lawyers (2008-2017)
- Minnesota Super Lawyers® list, Thomson Reuters Legal (2003 - 2016)
- Top 100 Women Super Lawyers® in Minnesota, Minnesota Super Lawyers® list, Thomson Reuters Legal (2005-2008)
- Top 40 Workers’ Compensation Super Lawyers®, Minnesota Law and Politics (2006 – 2009)
- Best Law Firms, Minneapolis Tier 1 Ranking in Workers’ Compensation Law - Employers , U.S. News-Best Lawyers® (2010-2016)
- Named as Trendsetter (professional who exemplifies the drive, innovation, and passion of American business), Minnesota Monthly (July 2004)