James M. McGraw
Recognized in:Commercial LitigationHealth Care Law
Law School:University of Houston Law Center
Location:1300 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 2000Houston, TX 77056
- The University of Texas, BA
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center, University of Houston Law Center - Certified Mediator
- Houston Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care Law
- AV Preeminent® rated (the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating designation)
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine, 2006-2015.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Woodward/White, Inc.'s The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Commercial Litigation and Health Care Law, 2013 – 2016.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Claims
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- The successful representation of a Defendant in its defense of a $20 million breach of contract and business tort claim. After a week of trial the case settled with no recovery for the Plaintiff.
- The successful representation of a Defendant in its federal court defense of a complex Uniform Commercial Code claim arising from a $5 million oil trade.
- The successful defense of an oil company in a lawsuit brought by the U.S. Department of Justice under the Clean Water Act and the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 to recover clean up costs associated with an oil spill upon the navigable waters of the United States.
- The successful representation of two members of a joint venture in their suit against their joint venture partner for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
- The successful representation of a group of companies, as plaintiffs, involving claims arising from an offshore pipeline rupture in the Gulf of Mexico. In connection with that lawsuit, also defended the plaintiff companies in a third-party action which claimed in excess of $10 million as a result of the rupture. The plaintiff companies successfully avoided liability, recovered all of the damages sought and avoided any liability on the third party action.
- The successful representation of a plaintiff in a complex anti-trust case involving the pharmaceutical industry.
- The successful representation of a pipeline company in the defense of claims related to a pipeline explosion as well as the recovery of a significant judgment from third-parties and insurance companies.