Mr. Lee represents the DBSI Private Actions Trustee in securities fraud matters being litigated in Delaware federal court and Iowa state court. The Trustee has asserted claims against numerous broker-dealers, including (1) violations of § 10(b) and Rule 10(b)(5) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; (2) violations of § 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; (3) breach of contract; (4) fraud; (5) professional negligence; and, (6) breach of fiduciary duty. Mr. Lee also represented a publicly traded corporation in defense of four separate shareholder derivative lawsuits in New Jersey state courts, all of which were dismissed with prejudice at the pleadings stage
Mr. Lee has a wide array of commercial litigation experience, with an emphasis on shareholder disputes, construction disputes, business torts, commercial contract disputes, and general commercial litigation. Recent representative matters include:
- Representation of a provider of international telephone connectivity services in civil RICO litigation.
- Representation of the court-appointed Trustee in numerous securities fraud litigations.
- Representation of a publicly traded corporation in various shareholder derivative suits.
- Representation of the Special Discovery Master in various construction litigation and commercial business disputes.
- Representation of foreign importers of floral products in restrictive covenant and theft of trade secrets litigation.
- Representation of a national magazine publisher and affiliates in trademark infringement litigation.
- Representation of a condominium association in a construction defect litigation against the developers of a condominium complex constructed on a pier.
- Representation of a multimillion-dollar investor in RICO, securities, corporate governance and breach of contract disputes regarding ownership of importer attempting to pioneer the U.S. distribution of China-built vehicles.
- Representation of a major publishing company in preliminary injunction proceedings litigated simultaneously in the Southern District of New York and the Supreme Court in Vancouver, British Columbia, arising out of an intellectual property licensing dispute.
- Representation of a major internet portal in trademark infringement litigation.
- Representation of a wholesale drug distributor in nationwide class action arising out of distribution of counterfeit pharmaceutical drug.
- Representation of a foreign manufacturer of digital camera in nationwide consumer fraud class action.
- Defense of an accounting firm in securities class action.