James J.A. Mulhall concentrates his practice in the areas of asbestos, product liability, toxic torts, and mass tort litigation. Mr. Mulhall is the leader of Steptoe & Johnson's Product Liability Practice Group and Toxic Torts Team. He also chairs the Toxic Tort Practice Group within the TerraLex international legal referral network.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Asbestos litigation
- Toxic torts
- Product liability
Mr. Mulhall has represented parties in personal injury and product liability cases. He focuses his practice on product liability cases, toxic torts, and mass tort matters, including asbestos, chemical exposure, and silica cases.
As lead trial counsel, Mr. Mulhall has tried numerous jury trials through verdict. He has also represented clients in federal court.
- Chair, Toxic Tort Practice Group, TerraLex International
- American Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute
- "Tort Reform: A Regional Comparison,” West Virginia Manufacturers Association, Glade Springs, West Virginia, June 2009
- “Federal Court Filings and Emerging Toxic Torts,” Litigation Group & Toxic Torts Subgroup of TerraLex, Atlanta, Georgia, April 2009