Chandler Bailey defends manufacturers, suppliers and products in high stakes, complex cases involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death across the United States. He also handles complex, commercial disputes. He enjoys partnering with businesses to help solve those problems, whether through jury trial or by developing a powerful and compelling defense strategy that leads to successful resolutions for his clients short of trial.
Chandler has led the defense of serious injury lawsuits in over a dozen states for one of the largest manufacturers of power tools in the country. His longstanding relationship with this company allows Chandler to partner with his client to anticipate issues before they turn into widespread problems. He does the same with a long term client that is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of water heaters, handling catastrophic injury and death cases for them throughout the South and Midwest. He also recently served as lead trial counsel for a Birmingham company in a multi-million dollar dispute over a long-term supply agreement with a customer. After two weeks of arbitration, Chandler’s client received a favorable verdict that will govern the relationship of the two companies for many years.
Chandler has learned through nearly 20 years of handling high stakes litigation that there is no substitute for hard work in understanding the unique industry and internal business issues all of his clients face, as well as thoroughly investigating the details of any particular accident or commercial dispute.
When he is not working for his clients, Chandler is active in the management of the firm, and he is currently serving on the firm’s Executive Committee. Previously, he has served as a member of and chair of the firm’s recruiting and hiring committee. Outside of the office, Chandler stays busy trying to help his wife keep up with their two active boys’ sports and social calendar. He also serves as an advisor to Jones Valley Teaching Farm, a local nonprofit with a mission to partner with schools to provide students with hands-on food and nutrition education. If there are any hours left in a day, you can probably find him playing golf, watching Florida Gators sports, cooking, running or reading.
- Lead national trial counsel in catastrophic injury cases for a leading power tool manufacturer
- Lead national trial counsel for world’s largest water heater manufacturer
- National trial counsel for nation’s largest rental trailer / truck company for catastrophic injury case
- Trial counsel for several leading automotive manufacturers in Alabama and neighboring states
- Trial counsel for leading farming / construction / forestry manufacturer in Alabama cases, including catastrophic injury
- National trial counsel for leading supplier of battery technology regarding fire / explosion claims