J. Carter Thompson, Jr.
Recognized in:Commercial LitigationMass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants...
Law School:Mississippi College
Location:One Eastover Center, Suite 400100 Vision DriveJackson, MS 39211
- Mississippi College, graduated 1987
- University of Mississippi , graduated 1984
- Mississippi, The Mississippi Bar
- Capital Area Bar Association - Member
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (Drug, Device and Biotechnology Section; Product Liability Section) - Member
- National Foundation For Judicial Excellence - Partner
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section; Torts and Insurance Practice Section) - Member
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- Defense Research Institute (Vice Chair, Drug and Medical Device Committee, 2013 – 2014; Program Chair, Drug and Medical Device Committee, 2011 – 2013) - Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy - Graduate
- Lawyers for Civil Justice - Member
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
- Mississippi Bar (General Litigation Section; Health Law Section; Chair, Minority Involvement Committee, 1994 – 1995) - Member
- Mississippi Claims Association - Member
- Mississippi College School of Law Board of Visitors - Former Member
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association (Director, Trial Practice Academy, 1989) - Member
- Mississippi Law Institute (1991) - Chair
- Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC) - Member
- Product Liability Editorial Advisory Board, Law360 (2011 – 2012) - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants, Jackson, MS (2018)
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants, Jackson, MS (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Named to the Lawdragon 3000 Leading Lawyers in America (2007)
- Named a 2011 Top Ten Leader in Law by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Listed in The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, 2013 – 2014
- Listed in The International Who's Who of Product Liability Defence Lawyers, 2011 – 2013
- Listed in The International Who's Who of Life Sciences Lawyers, 2014
- Listed since 2006 in Mid-South Super Lawyers, Personal Injury Defense: Products
- Listed since 2007 in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers as a leading litigation lawyer in Mississippi
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Areas of Expertise:
- Mass Tort
- Medical Devices
12 Leadenhall Street
London EC3V 1VP
44 20 7816 2629
Wells Fargo Tower, Suite 1400
420 Twentieth Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
614 South Hull Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
1401 H Street, NW, Fifth Floor
Washington, DC 20005-2202
901 K Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20001
100 Southeast Third Avenue, Suite 1620
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394
SunTrust Center, Suite 2900
200 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
101 North Monroe Street, Suite 925
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Monarch Plaza, Suite 1600
3414 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Gateway Plaza, Suite 201
300 Mulberry Street
Macon, GA 31201
Chase North Tower, 20th Floor
450 Laurel Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Three Sanctuary Boulevard, Suite 201
Mandeville, LA 70471
201 Saint Charles Avenue, Suite 3600
New Orleans, LA 70170
100 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
409 Washington Avenue, Suite 1010
Towson, MD 21204
One Eastover Center, Suite 400
100 Vision Drive
Jackson, MS 39211
1501 Main Street, Suite 600
Columbia, SC 29201
Republic Centre, Suite 1900
633 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37450
100 Med Tech Parkway, Suite 200
Johnson City, TN 37604
265 Brookview Centre Way, Suite 600
Knoxville, TN 37919
6060 Poplar Avenue, Suite 440
Memphis, TN 38119
Baker Donelson Center, Suite 800
211 Commerce Street
Nashville, TN 37201
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3700
Houston, TX 77010
450 West Broad Street, Suite 302
Falls Church, VA 22046
Attorney Case History
- National product liability counsel for major health care manufacturer.
- National counsel for defendants in Phenergan®/promethazine HCI injection litigation; obtained numerous summary judgments and dismissals.
- National counsel for defendants in asbestos litigation.
- Relationship partner and regional counsel for Fortune 25 manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceutical and medical products.
- National counsel for defendant in phenytoin litigation; obtained numerous dismissals.
- Lead counsel for distributor of anesthesia medication in more than 250 cases involving more than 4,000 plaintiffs in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Lead counsel for manufacturer of dialysis product withdrawn from market; successfully resolved over 125 suits/claims worldwide.
- Lead trial counsel for homeopathic drug manufacturer in California putative class action alleging false drug labeling.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical manufacturers in the average wholesale price litigation.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical company in commercial case against a clinical research organization (CRO).
- Counsel for defendants in metoclopramide litigation.
- Counsel for defendant in Digoxin litigation.