Harold T. Daniel, Jr. is a partner in the Litigation Section. In more than 30 years of practice, he has routinely dealt with complex factual and legal issues involving antitrust, securities, RICO, business torts and commercial law.
- Defended the manufacturer of GPS devices in a jury trial against a major distributor.
- Defended major law firms for alleged violations of federal securities laws and in litigation against the law firms for attorney's fees.
- Obtained favorable rulings on motions for summary judgment and settlement on very favorable terms for our client, a public British corporation, which was sued by a public U.S. corporation for fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, promissory estoppel, and breach of contract in connection with an acquisition. The litigation also included a counterclaim under federal and state securities laws.
- Defended a manufacturing company in a seven-week jury trial of a predatory pricing antitrust case; won total victory on appeal to Eleventh Circuit.
- Represented an engineering company in a nine-week jury trial against former officers and directors for breaches of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of corporate opportunities and tortious interference with business relationships; successful verdict affirmed on appeal to state's highest court.
- After a jury trial of three and one-half months, obtained a multimillion dollar securities fraud verdict in favor of the former owners of a major carpet company based on the sale of the company. Judgment was affirmed on appeal.
- Defended a multinational manufacturing corporation in a two-month jury trial in federal court in a business fraud case involving formation of a joint venture with a Japanese company; represented the client on appeal to the Eleventh Circuit and obtained a total victory with $250,000 in costs awarded against the plaintiffs.
- Represented multinational manufacturing company in a three-week jury trial in federal court in Texas against former employee and vendor for unfair competition and fraud; obtained multimillion dollar verdict including punitive damages and attorney's fees; represented client in appeal to Fifth Circuit, where judgment was affirmed.
- Represented multinational re-seller of computer products in a jury trial in federal court for alleged RICO violations against entities which had illegally obtained and used confidential pricing and customer information; obtained verdict, which was trebled, plus $2 million in punitive and $1 million in attorney's fees; represented client in the Eleventh Circuit where judgment was affirmed in full.
- Represented bank and four mutual funds in a two-week jury trial in state court in Florida where our clients were sued under various limited liability theories; obtained favorable jury verdict and denial of equitable relief, both of which were affirmed on appeal.
- Defended public telecommunications company in class action securities trial litigation in federal court; settled on very favorable terms for our client.
- Defended a multinational manufacturing company in a two-week jury trial in federal court for alleged environmental contamination and claims for injunctive relief; after a nominal award of damages, injunctive relief was denied in full, and there was no appeal.
- Represented motor vehicle manufacturer in federal court jury trial against its principal lender for violation of banking regulations and other laws; obtained jury verdict in client's favor, including award of punitive damages; settled after trial on very favorable terms for our client.