Don Sellers is a highly regarded first-chair trial attorney focused primarily on complex commercial cases. A trial lawyer for more than thirty-five years, he heads the firm’s Business Litigation and Professional Liability Practice Group. Mr. Sellers is also a certified civil court mediator.
Mr. Sellers was also named a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America in 2014.
In jury trials, arbitrations and mediations in South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Mr. Sellers has helped clients recover millions of dollars in business-related damages.
- From 1995 to present, he successfully represented wireless communication dealers and distributors in unfair trade practice and business contract actions against wireless service providers.
- He served as the national coordinating counsel for Star Pharmaceuticals in the L-Tryptophan federal multidistrict litigation and was on the defendants’ steering committee for the defense of that litigation.
- He was South Carolina counsel for four of the defendants in the silicone gel breast implant litigation and served on the steering committee for the defense of that litigation.
- Defended an automobile manufacturer in a commercial dispute centered around the development of a state-of-the-art university research campus.
- Defended a manufacturer in a dispute seeking injunctive relief between the two largest competitors in a global market.
- Defended two physicians in lawsuits brought by their practice groups seeking to enforce non-compete agreements that would have prevented them from opening their own practice and continuing to treat their patients.
Mr. Sellers has served as South Carolina counsel to an automobile manufacturer in connection with product defect and liability claims. He is also litigation counsel to Metropolitan Life, the MassMutual family of companies and represents other insurers in connection with life, disability, coverage and financial impact claims.