Aubrey Ford is an accomplished trial lawyer who has successfully handled an exceptionally diverse array of federal and state cases during his 37-year career. He has served as lead trial attorney in cases involving legal malpractice, first amendment rights, religious, race, and age discrimination, sexual assault and harassment, class actions, wrongful death, personal injury, breach of contract, business conspiracy, wrongful employment termination, toxic tort and construction disputes. He has tried over 100 civil trials to verdict.
Aubrey’s skills as an advocate have been repeatedly recognized by his peers and the public. He has been honored to be inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, a strictly invitation-only organization of the most respected trial lawyers in the U.S. and Canada, in the opinion of Judges and fellow practitioners. Membership is limited to the top one percent of attorneys in the each state. He currently serves on the College’s Virginia State Committee.
Aubrey was recently named by his peers as one of the “Top Ten Virginia Super Lawyers” for three consecutive years. He has been included in Best Lawyers in America since 1999 and is currently listed in five separate categories. His work in employment law has also been widely recognized. In 2016 and 2014, his peers honored Aubrey with a designation as “Richmond Lawyer of the Year in Employment Law” from Best Lawyers in America.
Aubrey also has experience in the legislative arena. Aubrey is the author and primary proponent of the Virginia Fraud Against Taxpayers Act (Virginia Code § 8.01-216) passed unanimously by the Virginia General Assembly in 2002. This Act allows Virginia citizens with knowledge of fraud involving public funds to bring a civil action on behalf of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Aubrey has also been invited to speak frequently on a variety of litigation topics to many legal and business groups. He has spoken to lawyer organizations on topics of general civil litigation, civil rights, commercial litigation, legal malpractice, False Claims Act, and employment law.
- American College of Trial Lawyers (2007-present)
- AV ® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- Best Lawyers in America®, in the categories of Legal Malpractice Law, Civil Rights Law, Commercial Litigation, and Bet-the-Company Litigation (1999-present)
- Best Lawyers in America® “Richmond Employment Law – Individual’s Lawyer of the Year” (2016, 2014)
- Virginia Super Lawyers® (2006-2013), selected by Law & Politics
- “Top 10 Virginia Super Lawyers” (2013, 2012, 2011)
- “Top 50 Virginia Super Lawyers” (2010)
- “Legal Elite” for the state of Virginia, named by Virginia Business Magazine
- Faculty, Virginia State Bar Mandatory Course on Professionalism (2000-2003)