Greg Parsons is a Member of the firm in the Lexington office and a member of the Construction Service Group. Greg has represented construction and business clients for thirty-five years. The construction clients he has represented include general contractors, owners, subcontractors and steel fabricators. He has also handled matters for various businesses, financial institutions, municipalities and universities. He regularly reviews, drafts and advises clients regarding construction contracts and other related agreements. Greg also counsels project participants on risk allocation, claim avoidance and resolution. He mediates disputes both as an advocate and neutral. He has litigated and arbitrated disputes involving various construction issues such as construction defects, design errors, delays, changes in scope and code compliance. He has handled construction/business litigation and arbitration matters in various jurisdictions, including Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Minnesota, Connecticut, West Virginia, Texas, Georgia, Indiana, and the U. S. Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C.
Gregory P. Parsons
Recognized in:Construction LawLitigation - Construction
Law School:University of Kentucky
Location:250 West Main Street, Suite 2300Lexington, KY 40507-1758
- University of Kentucky , J.D., graduated 1982
- University of Kentucky , BA, graduated 1979
- Kentucky, Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry - Member
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member; Commission on the Future of Legal Services in Kentucky, Member; Inquiry Commission, Member (2011-17) and Chair (2013-17)
- Fayette County Bar Association - Member
- Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA) - Fellow
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Construction Law, Lexington (2020)
- Litigation - Construction, Lexington (2015)
- Construction Law, Lexington (2013)
- Litigation - Construction, Lexington (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated
- Kentucky Super Lawyers (2007-present)
- Benchmark Litigation magazine, Litigation Star (2015-present)
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Commercial Development
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Disputes
- Contract Review and Negotiation
Lawyer Practice Areas
SunTrust Plaza, Suite 2800
303 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
323 East Court Avenue
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
100 East RiverCenter Boulevard, Suite 450
Covington, KY 41011
250 West Main Street, Suite 2300
Frankfort, KY 40507
250 West Main Street, Suite 2300
Lexington, KY 40507-1758
604 West Main Street
Franklin, TN 37064
6410 Poplar Avenue, Suite 180
Memphis, TN 38119
401 Commerce Street, Suite 800
Nashville, TN 37219
1800 Diagonal Road, Suite 325
Alexandria, VA 22314
Lawyer Case History
- Arbitrated claims arising from construction of a large refrigerated distribution center.
- Won an arbitration award on behalf of a hotel owner against a contractor for negligent misrepresentation regarding the construction budget and recovered substantial cost overruns, despite the fact that parties had a cost-plus contract with no guaranteed maximum price.
- Served as co-counsel for a contractor in a multi-issue, multi-million dollar three-month arbitration involving a manufacturing facility resulting in a favorable award for client.
Central Bank and Trust v TBS
Federal Construction case
Prepared and negotiated construction contracts for university-client's facilities.
Regularly review and advise publicly-traded company regarding its subsidiaries' contracts.
Advises clients regarding both design and construction master services agreements.