A founding member of Felesky Flynn, Gordon opened our Edmonton office in 1980. He was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 1991 and a Fellow of CPA Alberta in 2001.
Gordon has actively contributed to influential industry organizations, serving as past president of the Law Society of Alberta, past governor of the Canadian Tax Foundation, past chair of the Alberta Law Foundation, past member of CPA Alberta and past member of the Canadian Judicial Council.
With a Chartered Accountant designation and Bachelor of Laws degree, Gordon has grown our firm from the ground up. Whether he’s advising on tax planning or mentoring team members, Gordon builds a close rapport with everyone he encounters.
Gordon has taken a particular interest in the education of young accountants and lawyers. For many years, he lectured for ICAA, the Faculty of Business Administration and Commerce and the Faculty of Law at the University of Alberta and the Banff School for Advanced Management.
Although enjoying retirement, Gordon maintains a close relationship with the firm and continues to provide guidance and assistance to firm members.
- Fellow, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta, 2001
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 1991
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 1976
- Bachelor of Laws, 1972
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant, 1965
- Bachelor of Commerce, 1962
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
- Past President, Law Society of Alberta
- Past Chair, Alberta Law Foundation
- Past Governor, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Past Member, Canadian Judicial Council
- Past Member, Joint Committee on Taxation, Canadian Bar Association and Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Past Member, Taxation Committee, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta