Recognized since 1995
Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
George Martin is the founding partner of Martin Law and practices exclusively in the area of workers’ compensation law since 1979. In 2012, Mr. Martin was appointed by the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) as the workers’ compensation panel attorney to represent players on the Philadelphia Eagles. He was also appointed as a panel attorney for the Professional Hockey Players Association (PHPA). In the spring of 2013, Mr. Martin became a certified specialist in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation by the PA Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the PA Supreme Court.
Mr. Martin is active in the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ), where he served on the Board of Governors for nine years. A past President of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, the first workers’ compensation attorney to serve in the position, Mr. Martin remains a life member of their Board of Governors. He was also the first chair of the PAJ Workers’ Compensation Section. Mr. Martin served as President of the American Association of Justice Workers’ Compensation Section in 2008. He served as Co-Chair of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association in 1995 and served on the Board of Governors as the first representative of the Section in 1996 and 1997. He has served as a Council Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section since 1987 and has served as their Chairperson, Chair-Elect, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
Mr. Martin devotes considerable time to Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and has lectured on behalf of the Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Association, the Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Associations, the Pennsylvania Defense Institute, and numerous other organizations. He is co-author of the 1990, 1992, 1994 and 1996 editions of Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Practice and Procedure, published by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and continues to serve as a guest speaker for the CLE program.
In addition to his successful law career, he also founded the George and Miriam Martin Foundation (www.themartinfoundation.org) in 1996 to protect our environment, which has given more than $4 million to charitable organizations working to protect rivers and watersheds. Previously, he was a member of the Board of Directors of the French & Pickering Conservation Trust and Green Valleys Association, in Chester County, PA. Mr. Martin currently serves as Chairman on the Planning Commission of West Vincent Township in Chester County and the Chair of the Board of Trustees for Earthjustice, the world’s largest non profit environmental law firm.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.paworkinjury.com/attorney/george-martin/
- 1818 Market Street, 35th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sex: Male
- Ethnicity: White
- University of Delaware, AB, graduated 1968
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Association of Justice, Workers' Compensation Section - Past Section Chair
- Pa LCV - Past President
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice - Past Board of Governors
- The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers - Fellow
- Workers Injury Law & Advocacy Group - Board Member
- French and Pickering Conservation Trust - Board Member
- Green Valleys Association - Past President
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers - Past President
- Earthjustice - Board Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants, Philadelphia (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
- Veteran's Disability
- Martindale-Hubbell A/V Rated, 2012-Present
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2016
- Top 100 Philadelphia Super Lawyer, 2005 - 2016
- Top 100 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2005 - 2016
- The Irvin Stander Award for Professionalism in Workers' Compensation, 2002
- Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, Since 1995
- Professional Hockey Players Association, Workers' Compensation Panel Member of the Year, 2016
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.