Geoffrey F. Fay’s practice focuses primarily on real estate development, finance and leasing. A partner in Pullman & Comley’s Real Estate Department, Geoff has extensive experience representing developers, public corporations, national retail chains, real estate joint ventures and investment partnerships in the acquisition, development, financing, loan restructuring, leasing and sale of office, health-care, retail, multi-family, industrial, research laboratory, and airport properties.
With more than 30 years’ experience representing parties in a wide array of complex real estate matters, Geoff is skilled at finding practical solutions that assist clients in achieving their goals. Having represented, buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, lenders and borrowers, Geoff is able to provide knowledgeable and practical advice.
Geoff has substantial experience advising and representing clients with:
- the purchase, financing and sale of developed and undeveloped real estate, including remediation and redevelopment projects
- drafting and negotiating covenants, easements, conditions and restrictions to govern the development and operation of mixed-use projects
- the creation of integrated mixed-use projects facilitated by the condominium form of ownership
- negotiation and structuring real estate joint venture agreements; architect and construction contracts; commercial real estate brokerage agreements; property management agreements and easements
- real estate leasing, including bondable, ground, office, health-care, retail and industrial
Geoff has participated in numerous commercial real estate seminars devoted to leasing and development, and is a regular writer on real estate topics. In 2012, Geoff authored "Things I've Learned As a Business Transaction In-House Attorney and in Private Practice" for ExecSense.