Efficient and responsive service are fundamentals of Mark Knight's practice. This philosophy has guided his counsel on mergers and acquisitions worth nearly $1 billion and more than 50 capital-formation transactions.Leader in Corporate Law
Mark is Chair of Nexsen Pruet's Corporate Law Group. In that role, he leads, assigns, and manages client teams that handle the spectrum of business issues in a wide range of industries. Typical engagements include:
- Commercial contract preparation and review, including supply chain agreements
- Structuring and implementing acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, reorganizations, dissolutions, control contests, recapitalizations
- Development of, and compliance for, private securities offerings
- Structuring and negotiating licensing of intellectual property and related rights
- Managing other highly complex business transactions
Outside of Nexsen Pruet, Mark is an active leader in the South Carolina Bar’s legislative committees involving limited liability, limited partnership, and securities law issues. He frequently speaks on various topics related to his practice and has published articles on limited partnerships and commercial law in the USC Law Review.Innovation and Accolades
Mark has also been a leader in South Carolina's growing innovation community, working closely with startups through InnoVenture - a platform creating a pipeline for innovators and ideas - for ten years. Mark served as legal chair of InnoVenture from its inception through 2014.
His work and dedication to his clients have earned him a number of notable achievements, including being listed among the five top-tier corporate/merger and acquisition lawyers in South Carolina by Chambers USA.
Additionally, Mark was named "Legal Elite" of the Midlands in 2012 for Corporate Business Law and participated in an exploratory business and goodwill delegation to Vietnam and Myanmar for the Center for Global Strategies in 2006.