Fred “Russell” Harwell joined Adams and Reese in 2005, following the firm's expansion into Nashville. He is a Partner and member of the Commercial Real Estate and Transactions team. He focuses his practice in the areas of commercial real estate law, development and land use law, banking and commercial transactions. Russell represents clients in a variety of transactions including selling, acquiring and leasing retail, office and industrial properties; real estate development, construction, financing, zoning and land use matters.
- Represented REIT and assisted living center company in multi-state acquisitions, financing and leasing of development sites.
- Represented Landlord of multiple office buildings in simultaneous restructure, expansion and relocation of 4 tenants involving over 150,000 square feet of space.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in numerous construction and permanent loan transactions in amounts in excess of $100 million over the past two years.
- Represented local investment partnership in the purchase, lease, restructuring, financing and sale of four office buildings over a 20-month period.
- Negotiating with area Nashville landlords for relocation and long-term leasing of Adams and Reese Nashville office space.
- Experience in IRC Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges and assisting clients in arranging for services of a qualified intermediary.
During law school, Russell served on the Alabama Law Review and the Journal of the Legal Profession. He was also a member of the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society, and received American Jurisprudence Awards for Property I, Contracts I and Contracts II.
When Russell isn’t practicing law, he enjoys jogging, tennis, golf and spending time with his wife and their three children.