Frank Bayouth is a corporate attorney, concentrating in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate finance and general corporate law. He represented clients on various aspects of the federal lending, capital and liquidity support programs, including those established pursuant to the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.
Mr. Bayouth represents public and private companies, private equity firms and hedge funds, as well as investment banks and financing sources in a variety of U.S. and international transactions, primarily in the oil and gas sector. Some of the companies he has advised include:
- Devon Energy Corporation in its acquisition of 82,000 net acres in the Eagle Ford from GeoSouthern Energy for $6 billion;
- ONEOK, Inc. in the spin-off of its natural gas local distribution company;
- the special committee of the board of directors of TPC Group, Inc. in the $850 million contested leveraged buyout of TPC Group by First Reserve Corporation and SK Capital Partners;
- Five Point Capital Partners and GSO Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of equity interests in Twin Eagle Resource Management LLC;
- Archer Limited in its $890 million acquisition of Allis-Chalmers Energy Inc. and its $630 million acquisition of Great White Energy Services;
- GenOn Energy, Inc. in its $6 billion merger with NRG Energy, Inc.;
- RRI Energy, Inc. in its merger of equals with Mirant Corporation;
- the audit, conflicts and governance committee of Enterprise Products GP, LLC in the $9.1 billion acquisition by Enterprise Products Partners of its publicly traded general partner, Enterprise GP Holdings, LP, and in the $3.3 billion acquisition of TEPPCO Partners, LP;
- BJ Services Company in its $5.5 billion acquisition by Baker Hughes Incorporated;
- GlobalSanteFe Corporation in its merger of equals with Transocean Inc.;
- the special committee of the board of directors of Kinder Morgan, Inc. in the leveraged buyout of Kinder Morgan;
- Petrie Parkman & Co. Inc., in its sale to Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.;
- Vulcan Energy Corporation in its contested leveraged buyout of Plains Resources Inc.;
- Noble Energy, Inc. in its $3.4 billion acquisition of Patina Oil & Gas Corporation;
- Vulcan Capital, a private equity firm, in the formation of a joint venture with Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. known as PAA/Vulcan Gas Storage, and the acquisition by the joint venture of a natural gas storage business from Sempra Energy;
- Compagnie Générale de Géophysique in its acquisition of Veritas DGC, Inc.;
- Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. (as principal) in an equity investment in Leor Exploration & Production LLC;
- Slough Estates plc in the sale of its debt and equity interests in Tipperary Corporation and its principal subsidiary, Tipperary Oil & Gas (Australia) Pty Ltd.;
- CEMEX, S.A. de C.V. in various acquisitions and divestitures, including the sale of its Great Lakes business and its acquisition of Southdown, Inc., and in the formation of cement and concrete joint ventures with Ready Mix USA;
- Huntsman Corporation and various affiliates in an out-of-court restructuring, in several acquisitions, including acquisitions of businesses from Texaco Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, The Dow Chemical Company and Rohm and Haas Company, and in the formation of a joint venture with Imperial Chemical Industries PLC; and
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in the sale of its commercial finance business to General Electric Capital Corporation.
In the corporate finance area, Mr. Bayouth has represented issuers, underwriters and purchasers in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities.
With respect to general corporate matters, Mr. Bayouth has advised companies concerning SEC reporting obligations, board and stockholder affairs, and other corporate and securities law matters.
Mr. Bayouth repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America. He received the 2013 ILO Client Choice Award, awarded by The International Law Office in recognition of individual partners who excel across the full spectrum of client service.