Bringing more than 32 years of jury trial experience, F. Laurens "Larry" Brock joined Adams and Reese in 2011 as a Partner in the Nashville office as well as the Chattanooga office.
Larry practices in the areas of arbitration, business litigation, class action, hospital liability, long-term care, manufacturer's risk prevention, excess liability, premise liability, products liability, professional liability, trucking and tort litigation.
Practicing throughout the United States, Larry has served as national and regional counsel in both products liability and healthcare litigation. He has served as national trial counsel for a manufacturer of consumer safety equipment and national trial counsel for a manufacturer of juvenile products, as well as serves as coordinating counsel in a multi-state region for pharmaceutical litigation. In addition, Larry has also served as trial counsel in multiple jury trials for a major tobacco company.
Larry is an accomplished trial lawyer whose representative jury trial experience includes:
- Defense Verdict - Alleged wrongful death of family
- Defense Verdict - Alleged wrongful death of infant
- Defense Verdict - Alleged wrongful death with multiple consortium claims
- Defense Verdict - Alleged wrongful death in obstetrical case
- Defense Verdict - Alleged wrongful death in rehabilitation facility
- Defense Verdict - Alleged defective safety product resulting in catastrophic brain injury
- Defense Verdict - Alleged defective product resulting in lung cancer
- Defense Verdict - Alleged extensive bowel injuries with multiple hospitalizations
- Defense Verdict - Alleged medical battery
- Defense Verdict - Alleged post-traumatic stress disorder with lifetime disability
- Defense Verdict - Alleged total lifetime disability
- Defense Verdict - Alleged unintended acceleration of vehicle
- Directed Verdict - Alleged defective child safety device and brain damage
- Directed Verdict - Alleged medication blindness
- Vacated Verdict - Alleged defective product and lifetime total disability, fraud upon Court
- Admitted Liability - Trucking case, verdict less than pre-trial offer
Larry's long-term care practice focuses on the defense of elder care, extended care and nursing home facilities, acute care and rehabilitation hospitals, and assisted living facilities, involved in professional liability litigation, and encompassing legal issues such as Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) agreements, business litigation, class action and hospital liability. Larry's representation includes national providers of post-acute care services in the United States, one of the largest insurers of physicians in the Southeast, and a global leading insurance provider.
Active in the community, Larry participated in the Corporate Legal Diversity Pipeline Program, which partners corporate legal departments with nearby, diverse high school law classes in an effort to engage the students, teach them more about civil law, and encourage them to consider careers in the legal profession.
Larry is a member of the National Speakers Association (NSA), including within two of the organization's specialty groups: Business Coaching and Motivational/Keynote. The NSA sets minimum qualifications at 20 professional presentations – to audiences of 15 or more - in the 12 months prior to application. He regularly speaks to professional groups on a number of legal topics, including Successful Thematic Development in Jury Trials, Post Sale Duty to Warn and Preparing and Defeating the Punitive Damages Claim.