In addition to his role as chairman of the Moore & Van Allen Management Committee, Ernie Reigel brings to his blue-chip domestic and international corporate clients sophisticated counsel on mergers and acquisitions, as well as other business matters.
For nearly three decades of practice, Mr. Reigel has represented both public and private companies in a wide range of transactions, including, most recently, the sale of a publicly held company to a foreign buyer and the purchase of the U.S. division of a Japanese-owned public company by a publicly held client.
- Selected as a North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Named the Charlotte International Trade and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America, 2013.
- Member, Davidson College, Board of Trustees, 2011-
- Chairman, McColl School of Business, Advisory Board, 2009-2010
- Chairman, Charlotte Latin School, Board of Trustees, 2009-2011
- Member, Teach for America, Charlotte Area Board of Directors, 2006-2010
- Member, Charlotte Center City Partners, Board of Directors, 2007-2014, and Chairman, 2013-2014
- Chairman, Charlotte Heartwalk, 2006 and 2007
- Appointed by three North Carolina Governors to four consecutive four-year terms on the North Carolina Medical Care Commission