Elena specialises in real estate and construction, land and environmental law, industrial safety legislation, and for many years she has been representing clients in disputes under construction contacts, property and leasing disputes, etc.
Elena has vast experience in providing legal support in real estate transactions and in projects aimed at eliminating the legal risks inherent in the construction, operation and leasing of real estate facilities.
- representing Russia’s largest oil refinery at the International Court of Commercial Arbitration (ICCA) under the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation in a number of cases that involved collecting debt under a contractor agreement within the framework of the construction of an advanced refining complex. This resulted in the client saving more than EUR 10 million;
- successfully defending a French architectural firm in the first instance and appeal courts in a lawsuit to recover debt from a counterparty which had not performed its obligations under an agreement to terminate a series of design contracts. The court fully upheld the claims of our client (over EUR 700,000);
- carrying out more than 30 due diligence exercises for real estate facilities across different regions of Russia (in total, more than 20 regions) for the purposes of the subsequent construction of hypermarkets for a major Russian retailer;
- successfully defending 2 foreign car plants in disputes under construction contracts with regard to: collecting fines and losses; a refusal to pay for the works; and the return of the full amount of an advance payment (the value of each claim amounted to USD 1 million);
- successfully representing a broad spectrum of commercial and industrial companies in environmental disputes. Elena has also completed the training course ‘Environmental Protection’ and holds a professional postgraduate diploma in this field.
What they say:
Elena Krestyantseva is a professional, high-calibre lawyer (The Legal 500).