Ed Wicks focuses his practice in the areas of real estate transactions and development, secured financings and workouts, leasing transactions and hospitality law. In his years of experience, he has:
- Represented public and private hospitality companies in the acquisition, management, financing, debt restructuring and disposition of domestic and foreign hotel and resort properties;
- Represented lenders, special servicers and borrowers in securitized financings, loan enforcement and workouts, and the acquisition of commercial mortgage loans from private and governmental portfolios;
- Represented retail property owners and tenants in the disposition, acquisition, operation and leasing of portfolios throughout the United States;
- Represented phased commercial and residential developments, including complex multi-use project declarations and affordable housing projects;
- Represented public real estate investment trusts in purchases and sales of commercial properties and residential apartment complexes located throughout the country, including acquisitions through bankruptcy proceedings; and
- Represented Asian and European investors and lenders in acquisitions and financings of U.S. properties.
- Listed as Illinois "Leading Lawyer" in Real Estate Finance
- Listed in Chicago Magazine, "Illinois Super Lawyer"
- Listed in Leading Lawyer Magazine's Top 100 Real Estate Lawyers in Illinois
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America