Recognized in:Employee Benefits Law
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Association of Canadian Pension Management (ACPM) - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- International Pension & Employee Benefits Lawyers Association (IPEBLA) - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Employee Benefits Law
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Pensions & Employee Benefits
- Pension surplus withdrawals: Eaton’s, Control Data, United Dominion, Montreal Trust.
- Established a defined contribution supplemental pension plan for a Toronto-based entertainment company.
- Drafted change-of-control and retiring allowance agreements for the President and CEO of a major Canadian financial institution.
- Advised a large public-sector pension fund on legal issues related to same-sex benefits.
- Advised several clients in relation to their ability to cancel or amend post-retirement benefits.
- Advised a major Canadian corporation regarding their pension fund, and issues related to replacing the individual trustees holding the fund’s assets with an institutional trustee.
- Provided legal opinions to clients on pension plan governance and related conflict-of-interest issues.
- Ongoing advice to clients on pension plan administration issues, including trust law and surplus issues, pension plan termination issues, family law issues and non-pension benefits.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018