Douglas R. Marshall
Recognized in:Corporate LawMergers & Acquisitions Law
Law School:University of Toronto
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- University of Toronto, LL.B, graduated 1987
- University of Western Ontario, BA, graduated 1984
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Who’s Who Legal Canada : Capital Markets
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Corporate Commercial Law; Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers : Corporate/M&A
- Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Corporate Lawyers
- Lexpert’s Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Finance & Securities
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Finance & Securities
- Bank of Montreal in connection with its acquisition of F&C Asset Management plc.
- RBC Capital Markets, Barclays Capital Canada, GMP Securities and a syndicate of Underwriters in connection with the U.S. $3 billion offering of common shares by Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Dundee Realty Corporation in connection with the spin-off of DREAM Unlimited Corp. by Dundee Corporation by means of a plan of arrangement.
- Dundee Industrial REIT in connection with its take-over bid for all of the shares of C2C Industrial Properties Inc. and subsequent going private amalgamation of DIR Industrial Properties Inc. and C2C Industrial Properties Inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with its acquisition of the Canadian automobile finance and deposit business of Ally Financial Inc.
- Dundee Industrial REIT in connection with its acquisition of a portfolio of industrial properties and initial public offering.
- Gazit America Inc. in connection with its privatization by Gazit-Globe Ltd. and sale of properties to First Capital Realty Inc.
- Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with its acquisition of Whiterock Real Estate Investment Trust
- Dundee International Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with its acquisition of an approximately $1 billion portfolio of real estate assets in Germany and $447.5 million initial public offering in Canada.
- Bank of Montreal in connection with its acquisition of Marshall & Ilsley Corporation.
- Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with its acquisition of Realex Properties Corp.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018