Doug Muller brings to his varied litigation clients his considerable experience in state and federal courts, both at the trial and appellate levels—and, to his maritime clients, the benefits of the professional judgment he has gained over 20 years as an admiralty lawyer and litigator.
For his maritime clients, Mr. Muller often works with tight deadlines and on very short notice to respond around the clock to those with urgent needs. His broad-based knowledge informs his general maritime practice, in which he represents ship owners, vessel charterers, shippers, marine contracting companies, marine insurance carriers and recreational boaters.
Similarly, he provides his general litigation clients prompt attention and efficient service. Mr. Muller possesses experience in a wide variety of commercial litigation, including banking, health care and contractual disputes. He also represents both insurance carriers and policyholders in insurance matters.
His overriding goal in his performance for all his clients is to be accessible and provide quality work that is timely, responsive and efficient.
- Maritime Law Association of the United States: Proctor member; Chair, Young Lawyers’ Committee; Ad Hoc Special Committee on the Future of the MLA; Planning & Arrangements Committee, 2001; Nominating Committee, 1998
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute Board of Directors, 1992-94, 1998-2000
- Charleston Maritime Law Institute, Charleston School of Law Board of Advisors
- President, 1998-2000, Propeller Club of the United States, Port of Charleston; Board of Governors, 1995-2003
- Maritime Association of the Port of Charleston Board of Directors, 1999-2005
- 12 years as local correspondent for the International Group of Protection & Indemnity Clubs