Recognized in:Corporate LawMergers & Acquisitions Law...
Location:340 Albert Street, Suite 1900Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
- New England - Canada Business Council - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Technology Law, Ottawa (2019)
- Corporate Law, Ottawa (2017)
- Technology Law, Ottawa (2014)
- Corporate Law, Ottawa (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Technology Law
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada : Corporate Mid-Market
- The Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada: Technology Transactions; Corporate Finance & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Corporate Lawyers
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Corporate Mid-Market (Most Frequently Recommended); Corporate Finance & Securities; Corporate Commercial Law; Mergers & Acquisitions; Private Equity; Technology Transactions
Areas of Expertise:
- Madison Dearborn Partners on its investment in Complete Innovations.
- Underwriters for Descartes Systems Group on its $147 million MJDS offering.
- Mitel Networks on its $94 million MJDS secondary offering.
- Mitel Networks on its acquisition of Aastra Technologies.
- Underwriters for Baylin Technologies on its $50 million IPO.
- BTG plc on its $200 million acquisition of the Targeted Therapies business from Nordion.
- Mitel Networks on its acquisition of prairieFyre Software.
- Halogen Software on its $63 million dollar IPO.
- Underwriters for ViXS Systems on its going public transaction and $57 million capital raise.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of BioVectra for up to $100 million.
- Moelis Capital Partners on its acquisition of Mxi Technologies Ltd.
- Mitel Networks on its $147 million cross-border IPO.
- Underwriters for SMART Technologies on its $660 million cross-border IPO.
- Underwriters for Genworth MI Canada on its $950 million IPO.
- Vector Capital on Corel Corporation’s going private transaction.
- DEW Engineering on its sale to CoorsTek.
- Mitel Networks on its $725 million acquisition of Inter-Tel and related financing.
- Underwriters for Bridgewater Systems on its $35 million IPO.
- Natus Medical on its $62 million acquisition of Excel-Tech.
- Subex on its $165 million acquisition of Syndesis.
- Underwriters for Corel Corporation on its cross-border IPO raising approximately $118 million.
- Alta Partners and other venture capital investors on the US$42.5 million investment in Zelos Therapeutics, Inc.
- Elevation Partners LP, a U.S. private equity firm, on its acquisition of BioWare Corp.
- L-3 Communications Corporation on in its acquisition of the Marine Controls Division of CAE Inc.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 1st Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018