Recognized in:Corporate LawMergers & Acquisitions Law...
Law School:Harvard University
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Harvard University, LL.M
- Queen’s University, BA
- University of Toronto, LL.B
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Corporate Law, Toronto (2014)
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Toronto (2012)
- Securities Law, Toronto (2011)
- Corporate Law, Toronto (2010)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Securities Law
- Expert Guides: Leading Practitioners – China: Mergers and Acquisitions (International)
- Expert Guides: The Legal Media Group Guides to the World’s Leading Lawyers : Mergers and Acquisitions
- Expert Guides: The Best of the Best : Mergers and Acquisitions
- Who’s Who Legal : Capital Markets; Corporate Governance; Mergers and Acquisitions
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada : Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada : Corporate Commercial Law; Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers and Acquisitions
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Corporate/Commercial Law, Corporate Finance & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions (Most Frequently Recommended); Mining
- Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Corporate Lawyers
- Lexpert Special Edition: Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers : Corporate/M&A (Band 1)
- The International Who’s Who of Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyers : One of the Top 10 Most Highly Regarded Individuals in the World (only Canadian)
- Shoppers Drug Mart in connection with its proposed $12.4 billion acquisition by Loblaw Companies Limited.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International as Canadian counsel in connection with its $8.7 billion acquisition of Bausch + Lomb.
- The London Stock Exchange in its proposed merger with TMX Group.
- Equinox Minerals in its offer for Lundin, response to the Minmetals bid and acquisition agreement with Barrick.
- Kinross Gold in its business combination with Red Back Mining.
- Goldcorp in connection with the sale of its controlling interest in Terrane to Thompson Creek Minerals.
- Addax Petroleum in connection with its acquisition by Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation.
- IPSCO Inc. in its sale to SSAB of Sweden.
- Telus Inc. in its participation in the sale process for BCE Inc.
- Kinross Gold in its acquisition of Aurelian Resources.
- Lundin Mining in its proposed business combination with HudBay Minerals Inc.
- Placer Dome Inc. in the unsolicited offer by and acquisition by Barrick Gold Corporation.
- China National Petroleum Corporation International in its acquisition by plan of arrangement of Petrokazakhstan.
- Glamis Gold Corp. in its agreement to combine with Goldcorp.
- Torstar Corporation in connection with its agreement to sell its interest in CTVglobemedia to BCE Inc.
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Lafarge North America in the offer by Lafarge S.A. to acquire the 46.8% minority held stake.
- Counsel to Tim Hortons in the creation of a new Canadian holding company for Tim Hortons and Burger King Worldwide
- Counsel to Valeant in connection with its arrangements with Pershing Square and exchange offer for Allergan.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018