Christopher O. Davis
Recognized in:Admiralty and Maritime LawTransportation Law
Law School:Tulane University
Location:201 Saint Charles Avenue, Suite 3600New Orleans, LA 70170
- Tulane University, J.D., graduated 1979
- University of Virginia, BA, graduated 1976
- Louisiana, Louisiana State Bar Association
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Transportation Law
12 Leadenhall Street
London EC3V 1VP
44 20 7816 2629
Wells Fargo Tower, Suite 1400
420 Twentieth Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
1401 H Street, NW, Fifth Floor
Washington, DC 20005-2202
901 K Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20001
100 Southeast Third Avenue, Suite 1620
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394
SunTrust Center, Suite 2900
200 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
101 North Monroe Street, Suite 925
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Monarch Plaza, Suite 1600
3414 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Gateway Plaza, Suite 201
300 Mulberry Street
Macon, GA 31201
Chase North Tower, 20th Floor
450 Laurel Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Three Sanctuary Boulevard, Suite 201
Mandeville, LA 70471
201 Saint Charles Avenue, Suite 3600
New Orleans, LA 70170
100 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
409 Washington Avenue, Suite 1010
Towson, MD 21204
One Eastover Center, Suite 400
100 Vision Drive
Jackson, MS 39211
1501 Main Street, Suite 600
Columbia, SC 29201
Republic Centre, Suite 1900
633 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37450
100 Med Tech Parkway, Suite 200
Johnson City, TN 37604
265 Brookview Centre Way, Suite 600
Knoxville, TN 37919
6060 Poplar Avenue, Suite 440
Memphis, TN 38119
Baker Donelson Center, Suite 800
211 Commerce Street
Nashville, TN 37201
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3700
Houston, TX 77010
450 West Broad Street, Suite 302
Falls Church, VA 22046
Lawyer Case History
Recent Representative Arbitration Matters
- Defended ICC arbitration and two appeals to the U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in securing confirmation of an international arbitral award on behalf of a state-owned petroleum company which resulted in the dismissal of more than $100 million in breach of contract and tort claims, arising out of the sale of multiple gasoline shipments, and ordered reimbursement to the client of over $730,000 in attorney's fees and costs.
- Represented state-owned oil company in breach of contract claims arising out of the purchase of crude oil and related antitrust disputes
- Represented Mexican fabrication company defending claims arising out of a platform construction and transportation contract.
- Represented Japanese shipowners and underwriters in claims arising out of a collision in the Bay of Campeche, Mexico.
- Represented Turkish company in breach of contract and tort claims arising out of a business consultancy agreement.
- Represented contractor specializing in disaster restoration services in claims arising out of the proposed charter of a passenger ship following a hurricane.
Recent Representative Litigation Matters
- Represented British Virgin Islands company in obtaining $42 million in security for forward freight agreements dispute pending before London High Court.
- Represented state-owned oil company defending antitrust claims.
- Represented offshore drilling company in claims brought by major oil company arising out of a riser separation incident in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico during deep water drilling operations.
- Represented owners, hull and machinery underwriters and P&I Club of a passenger ship in claims arising out of a major collision with a bulk carrier at the mouth of the Mississippi River.
- Represented European financial institution in a first preferred ship mortgage foreclosure action against two parcel tankers in Houston and New Orleans.
- Represented vessel interests and their underwriters in claims against the Panama Canal Company, Panama Canal Commission and Autoridad del Canal de Panama arising out of sinkings, allisions and collisions in the Panama Canal.