- Harvard College, BA, cum laude, graduated 1976
- University of Notre Dame Law School, JD, summa cum laude, graduated 1981
- Judge Robert Ainsworth of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1981 - Judicial Clerk
- Central City Opera Board of Directors - Former Member
- Notre Dame Law Association Board of Directors - Member
- Sherman & Howard Litigation Department - Manager
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Named one of Denver’s best commercial litigation lawyers, 5280 magazine
- Listed in Colorado Super Lawyers
- Ranked in Chambers USA – Litigation: General Commercial Colorado
- BTI Client Service All Star, 2011
- Van Zanen v. Qwest Wireless, L.L.C., et al., 550 F.Supp.2d 1261 (D. Colo. 2007), aff’d, 522 F.3d 1127 (10th Cir. 2008) (represented Qwest in consumer class action asserting insurance-related claims; Qwest’s motion to dismiss granted; affirmed on appeal).
- Kerber v. Qwest Communications International Inc., ___F.Supp.2d ___, 2009 WL 2710207 (D. Colo. 2009) and 544 F.Supp.2d 1187 (D. Colo. 2008) (represented Qwest against ERISA life insurance benefit claims asserted in class action litigation; motions to dismiss and for summary judgment granted and case dismissed).
- DMA v. Qwest Communications International Inc., 585 F.3d 1341 (10th Cir. 2009) (represented Qwest in appeal of arbitration award, etc.).
- Rathbun v. Qwest Communications International Inc., 458 F.Supp.2d 1238 (D. Colo. 2006) (represented Qwest against ERISA claims asserted in class action litigation; motion for class certification denied and summary judgment entered for Qwest).
- Colvin v. Qwest Communications International Inc., Case No. 04-CV-39, District Court, Otero County, Colorado (represented Qwest in class action asserting retiree entitlement to alleged telephone service benefits).
- Lizardi v. Qwest Corporation, et al., Case No. C20032665 (Puma County, Arizona) (represented Qwest in consumer class action asserting claims for alleged improper billing of wireless telephone service).
- In re Qwest Savings & Investment Plan ERISA Litigation, Case No. 02-CV-00464, U. S. District Court, District of Colorado (represented Qwest in ERISA “stock drop” class action).
- United States ex rel. Stone v. Rockwell International, 282 F.3d 787 (10th Cir. 2002) & 127 S. Ct. 1397 (2007) (represented Rockwell International Corp. in False Claims Act lawsuit arising out of Rockwell’s role as contractor at Rocky Flats nuclear weapons facility).
201 East Washington Street, Suite 800
Phoenix, AZ 85004
7033 East Greenway Parkway, Suite 250
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
730 East Durant Avenue, Suite 200
Aspen, CO 81611
90 South Cascade Avenue, Suite 1500
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Two Peachtree Pointe, Suite 850
1555 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
50 West Liberty Street, Suite 1000
Reno, NV 89501
500 Marquette Avenue Northwest, Suite 1203
Albuquerque, NM 87102