Charlot joined Bell, Davis & Pitt after graduating from Wake Forest University Law School in 1989.
Charlot’s practice focuses primarily on employment law, including:
- Advising employers on policy and human resources matters
- Helping employers develop and implement policies and employment decisions
- Conducting investigations
- Responding to inquiries and investigations from state and federal agencies
- Representing employers in all types of employment litigation
- Reviewing and drafting employment contracts for both employers and individuals
In her general litigation practice, Charlot has handled a wide variety of matters, including construction litigation, product defect litigation, business disputes, and contract disputes.
Charlot is actively involved in her church and community, having served on numerous committees at Yadkinville United Methodist Church and on the board of managers of the Yadkin Family YMCA since 2009.
Originally from Galax, Virginia, Charlot moved to Winston-Salem at age 10 and she has lived in Forsyth and Yadkin counties since that time. After graduating from Meredith College in Raleigh in 1977, Charlot served as a social worker for 9 years. Her work with the legal system during those years heightened her interest in the law and solidified her decision to become a lawyer. She entered law school at Wake Forest when her son was 4 years old, and her daughter was born during her last semester in law school — perhaps not surprisingly, Charlot’s son now works at Wake Forest, and her daughter is in law school.